Fun Facts About The Vagina

The female reproductive organ has been the subject of many research throughout the years. Though these researches have been proven correct, there are still beliefs about the female genitalia that is entirely wrong because of the misconceptions that the older generation taught to the younger one. So here are some facts about the female genitalia according to researchers, that is proven by doctors correct.

The vagina is not the word to what you are referring to

The vagina is often called in many ways like; pussy, doughnut, black hole, and the flower. If we are referring to the external parts of the vagina, the one we see right away, that is not the vagina. That external parts are the Labia Majora, Labia Minora, clitoris, and the urethra. The vagina is the passageway right after the external opening. So technically, when we say “hairy pussy” or “smelly pussy” we really are referring to the Labia Minora and Labia Majora.

The hymen is not the “purity organ.”

We think that the hymen is the sign of virginity but its not. When a baby girl is born, there is a membrane by the opening of the vagina. When we were younger, this membrane was thicker but as we grow older and join in extraneous activities like sports, biking, running this membrane becomes thinner, and because of maturity, the body is preparing itself for probable intercourse.

The clitoris is the female version of the penis.

The clitoris is a sensitive organ in the female body, that is why when stimulated it helps a woman achieve climax. According to studies, the penis has 4000 nerve endings while the Clitoris has 8000 nerve endings. Also, the clitoris varies in shape and sizes in women, so don’t be alarmed if your clitoris is not as we see on the internet and in medical books.

The size of the vagina changes when aroused

When stimulated and excited the female opening relaxes, expands slightly and becomes wet. This enables the penis to have a smooth penetration inside the vagina. This prevents both female and male from hurting from dry sex.

The pubic hair has a purpose

The pubic hair serves as a protective barrier for the female reproductive opening because of its structure that is prone to infection. According to research, the pubic hair buffers friction so, be careful when you go to any waxing or laser station. Sometimes, even waxing or shaving the female area can cause infection when the instruments used are not sterilized or strong chemicals has been used during the progress. 

Most women don’t reach climax during penetration

According to studies, only 20% to 35% of the women population achieve orgasm during penetration, if you belong to the other 65% to 80% you can always add clitoris stimulation or foreplay in the process. Also, your partner is also responsible for adding to the heated tension so both of you can achieve orgasm.

A self-cleaning organ

The vagina contains and releases many fluids to lubricate the vagina and at the same time cleanse the insides of the vagina. That explains the discharge in women. So it’s always much better to apply panty liners or changing your underwear while regularly. Doctors advise against the frequent use of feminine wash as it alters the pH balance of the vagina. The vagina is known to be acidic to fight off infection. Also, if you use any sex aide always remember to clean it before and after using to prevent any infection.

Orgasms can alleviate dysmenorrhea

Most couples avoid period sex because it may seem unclean, but orgasms can ease the pain from period cramps. It works by redirecting the focus of the brain in intercourse. So don’t shy away from masturbation or period-sex to alleviate yourself from too much pain. It’s a win-win situation, you achieved orgasm at the same time alleviating dysmenorrhea.

The vagina is positioned at a 130 degrees angle

The modern method in dealing with menstruation is through tampons and a menstrual cup. When you feel like your hitting something while inserting the menstrual cup or the tampon, you probably are. So it wiser to insert it by positioning the tampon or the menstrual cup towards the back to have a more comfortable push and to lessen discomfort.


Your general practitioner could offer more facts about your vagina. Also, your ob-gyn can provide a more specific explanation based on your own personal experience and body which is different in every woman. Also, observing proper hygiene and taking care of your body can prevent any diseases and infection. Your vagina is a very delicate organ that needs maintenance and caring, so it’s wiser to learn about its nature.
Fun Facts About The Vagina Fun Facts About The Vagina Reviewed by Pravesh Kumar Maurya on 11:25 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.